- List of renewable energy and green building tax incentives provided by partner Terrazia.
- Save-a-Ton launches its free Partnership Program
- View entries from the winners of the Save a Ton Energetic Ideas Poster Contest
- Save a Ton won an award from the Virginia Press Association!
- View our News Release (PDF - 128 KB).
There are a ton of ways to celebrate Earth Day in the Roanoke Valley. Here are just a few ideas:
- Pick one energy-efficiency chore you've been putting off, such as scheduling maintenance for your air conditioner or having the ductwork in your home cleaned. If you want a more DIY project, tackle your dryer vent - lint buildup in the vent can cause your dryer to work harder, using more energy and reducing the life of your machine.
- Get involved at your workplace with an environmental fair. Work with your employer to invite local nonprofits such as the Clean Valley Council, the Roanoke Valley Cool Cities Coalition, or RIDE Solutions to exhibit at your place of business.
- Organize a community or street clean up with your neighbors, or contact the Clean Valley Council for opportunities to participate in community-wide efforts.
- Attend the annual Earth Day Festival in Roanoke's Grandin Village.
- Like our Facebook page and share your favorite energy saving tip or trick, or the difference you've seen in your power bill since you've implemented an conservation effort at home.
The links, ideas and resources on this site can help you save money. There's even an energy-saving calculator to keep track of your results.
But it's not just about putting more green in your pocket. By making simple changes in how you live and work, you'll help to maintain the high quality of life we enjoy in the Roanoke Valley.
So, go ahead, save a ton. Then share your successes and hints on our Facebook page.